Thursday, May 17, 2007

Why can't I be led

I have been out 'running' around today. Usual stuff, except that I did the apt. thing. So, here I am sitting in front of this young girl (probably not even my daughter's age) listening to her sell job on the apt. I was interested in. I have NEVER dickered with sales people. Just don't do it, no way, no how! So she is blah, blah, blahing about this 2 bedroom apt (which I really don't need)I say, "Is it in the trees, cause I really want an apt. in the trees?" "Uh, no, not really, BUT there are some trees by the building". So then we go around the next issue, a 1 bedroom, "do you have one? I inquire AGAIN. "Yes". "Is it in the trees? "Yes it is, but it is on the bottom floor (which I had nixed already)But! It is in the trees!
Now, I don't know if you can see where this is going, but I finally had to take a God
Break and go to my car for a heartfelt prayer.
I have never stood up for myself nor have I done much bargaining. Just isn't me. However, she (the youngster) was already amusing herself as she was sliding the pen towards me for my signature. After my quick car break, I went in (this time I felt a stronger presence about the room). I ended up getting the two bedroom, w/o trees but alas much larger for $10.00 more a month than the 1 bedroom. Now, my original question was "why can't I be led" the complete sentence; quietly? Even at best I probably did ok for myself but still wanted to stammer around the office and mul over my newfound voice. I am woman hear me ROAR! But not before I scream, kick and just about anger an entire nation (feels like it anyway).
Whew! Too much information? I'm taking a nap, I'm worn out. TADA!

4 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...

You are moving?! Where?

And good for you! You are woman and I can hear you roar!

(((LOVE YA LOTS)))

Mind Whyspr said...

Glad to have ya around to vent and post stuff. Ur da bomb Jackie J.

Its Always Rainin In My Head... said...

Best way to not lose that voice is to use it!

Sounds like a learning curve....:)

See YALL tomorrow night for the Shrek premiere!!

Peace!

Unknown said...

Moving, hopefully to Madison. Back to apartment living.