Monday, March 12, 2007

Judgment

When am I ever going to learn NOT to judge another person, and their behavior?

Sunday, I had to make amends.

I did it the cowardly way and text messaged this person. I got a reply back of, "huh?", and I left it alone.

Then, they called and left a voice message asking for me to call them. I left it alone as well.

When am I ever going to learn not to judge another person, or their behavior?

It occurred to me when I needed to make this amend to the above mentioned person, it was precisely when I feared of being judged myself, by others. I didn't like the result of that careful weighing of reasoning in my daily mental 'trysts'. It was at that very moment that the thought of my judgment on this other person(s) entered my head and I felt the heaviness of remorse upon my heart.

There in lies the selfishness and self-centeredness. Would I have come to this conclusion on my own - that I made a mistake of passing judgment on another if I had no fear of judgment being passed on me, and MY own behavior?

Or better yet, when will I ever learn NOT to go there in the first place; the whole juding of others scenario?

2 comments:

Its Always Rainin In My Head... said...

Seem to be awful hard on yourself here!

I think its probable that things happen in sequence so that we CAN learn from them...at least, that's what I hope! Otherwise, whats the point to stuff like this?

Carol ReMarks said...

LOL good point! Thanks